Auction Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions of Sale
- Bidder registration: we advise that you register prior to the auction day. ID may be required. Registration will also take place on Saturday 20 December 2 -7pm. Please either print and complete this registration form and bring with you, or ask for a form to fill in from the Gallery.
- Absentee bids: we recommend that you enter your maximum bid online (see Online Bidding below). Alternatively, please come into the Gallery and ask for a form to fill in. If you have any difficulties with these options, please email email@example.com. ID will be required.
- Pre-auction viewing: by appointment, online or between 14 – 20 Dec 10am – 5pm in the gallery.
- Bidding: the auctioneer accepts bids from registered bidders in the room, from absentee bidders before the auction, and online bids. When making a bid the buyer accepts personal responsibility for buying the item, associated premiums and VAT.
- Reserves: this is a confidential minimum price that a consignor will accept, this is set in advance.
- Guide prices: these are based upon prices recently paid for comparable works, and buyers should not rely on these as a prediction of selling prices.
- Buyers premium: a 15% charge will be added onto the final bid price of each lot sold. (Buyers premium is also subject to 20% VAT and a further 2% transaction fee will charged for card payments, BACs payments will not incur a transaction fee)
- Ownership will pass to the buyer on receipt of the payment. Payment for purchases must be made in Sterling and in the following form: cash. BACs and all major credit and debit cards ( no American Express). Copyright always remains with the artist.
- Successful bids: invoices will be sent out by email on request to successful bidders after the auction. Successful bidders will pay the hammer price plus buyers premium (VAT on the premium only), plus 2% for card payments. No VAT is payable on the hammer price.
- Collection: items bought need to be removed from C&C by 27 December 2014; after this date storage fees will apply.
- Shipping: buyers are responsible for collecting their purchases. After full payment C&C Gallery can arrange professional export, packing and shipping at the buyer’s expense.
- Care: although C&C will exercise care, they will not be responsible for third parties’ negligence.
- Condition: All lots are sold as seen. We recommend that bidders view the work themselves before bidding.
- Our opinions on the work, artist, dates etc are formed with honesty and to the best of our belief. C&C Gallery is not responsible for incorrect information about the artwork.
- REGISTRATION CLOSES: 10pm on Thursday 18 DECEMBER. Before that time you can register here.
- Bidder verification: online bidders will be required to provide details at the time of registration. To verify card details we will telephone you and charge 1p on the card before activating your paddle number.
- Payment: if successful at bidding and you purchase a work, we will send you the option of paying immediately by BACS; or after 24 hours we will make a charge to the credit card (subject to 2% charge). If you have any queries about the sale you can do so between those times.
- Your invoice/payment request will include 15% buyers premium (and 20% VAT on the premium only unless stated otherwise). Please note card payments will incur a 2% transaction fee, BACs payments are not subject to transaction fees.
- Data protection and privacy: all credit card details will be disposed of after the auction and the completion of payments, and no information about you or your payment information will be passed to any 3rd party except as specifically required for payment processing. If you have requested to join our mailing list during registration then your name and email will be added to that, else those details will be disposed of. All online auction user accounts will be deleted after the auction and the completion of payments.
- Bidding: please note this is not an Ebay system, where sniping (last second bidding) is the norm.
- The auction has been set up for proxy bidding: this means that you can put in the highest bid you would like to go to and the system will only bid up when someone else raises the current bid.
- The bidding will also be taking place LIVE at C&C Gallery, with bids from the room (including absentee bids) updated online by user ‘The Room‘.
- The hammer used by the auctioneer will finalise the sale, whereupon the online bidding will be manually ended by us. We will make every effort to ensure all bidders are able to have their bids recognised, but in the event of a last-second online bid between the hammer and the online closure, that bid may be rolled back and the auctioneers decision is always final.
- This system is therefore UNSUITABLE for sniper (last second bidding) bidding. We recommend that you enter your maximum bid at the start.
- IMPORTANT: do not be tempted to enter a higher maximum bid than your own current maximum bid until your bid has been exceeded, as the system will treat your new maximum bid as a competing bid and potentially raise the price unnecessarily.
- You will need to refresh the screen to see changes in bid. Please do so before raising your maximum bid.
- C&C Gallery do not take responsibility for any discrepancies in descriptions, any internet failure or human error during the auction, the auctioneer’s say is always final and he reserves the right to stop bidding, to reverse “hammer down” to allow for internet catch up or accidental error.